Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mobile Phone in USA



If you are travelling to the USA you may be thinking about a mobile phone.   Whether to take your own and hope there are no surprise bills when you get home or  buy one when you get here.
I don't have a mobile phone in Australia but if I did I would bring it, not use as a phone but because it would have all my contact information in it.  I decided to buy one in USA as I would need it to contact my daughter and other people I would be likely to meet.
There are a few companies offering mobile phones on a "No Contract" basis,and believe it or not I found a good range in Radio Shack.
They have a wide range of  "No Contract" Phones  from most phone companies and from cheap to expensive however for my purposes I only needed  a cheaper model.
LG440G No-Contract Phone for Tracfone®

I finally decided on TRACPHONE and picked the LG440S, normally $19.95 but on special at $9.95 which also included a deal that doubled whatever minutes I buy for the life of the phone.
The shop staff did all the work of setting up the phone for me, I purchased 60 minutes for $20.00 and 10 minutes later I had a phone with 120 minutes and good for 120 days.
I like the phone it is very user friendly,  however  it is perhaps a little retro for some people.
I should add that I am not a big phone user
RADIO SHACK

No comments:

Post a Comment